- Pre heat and post weld treatment specialists
- Two-acre site with shop/offices/warehouse facilities at
30 Estates Rd in Dartmouth, NS (Woodside Industrial Park, adjacent
to Woodside Ship Terminal
- One 6' L x *' W x 5' H gas furnace, one 52' L x 15'
W x 17' H gas furnace,
49' L x 37" W x 36" H electric furnace, mobile 6 wayheat treatment
consoles, mobile 125 KW generator
- Three-acre facility located 5 minitues from the Goldboro
- Maritime Stress works to the excacting standards of
ASME, ANSI, DNV, Lloyds, CSA...
- Manufacturer of heat treatment equipment serving customers
- Over 24 years experience serving the high-tech metals
- Specialists in treating exotic
alloys by controlled
heating and cooling to meet required specifications.
- Extensive experience in the offshore petroleum sector
- Located on Canada'a finest East Coast harbour,
near Hibernia and Sable Island developments.
- Provider of technical services for various companies
throughout the world.
- Maritime Stress carries the largest inventory of heat
treatment equipment of any company east of Toronto.
From its inception in 1980 Maritime Stress Contracting
Limited was immediatly involved in the offshore, pulp -and-paper, generating
stations, heavy water and petrochemical industries.
The company was involved early in work on the heavy-water plants at Point
Tupper and Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, and remained involved for a number
of years. Work at these sites was to Nuclear Codes.
For a number of years, the company served as the prime contractor to
the Imperial Oil Refinery in Dartmouth, NS, and carried out two of the
largest shutdows at the plant.
When drilling began off the East Coast in the early 80's, the company
moved quickly to develop expertise in the offshore sector, and completed
1000 drill casings (2000 welds) for Shell Oil contractor Stangate. Welds
were Vetco 4130 connectors welded to X-52 casings. Sizes were 18-inch,
20-inch, 24-inch, 30-inch, and 36-inch. All stress relieving was completed
eight hours after the last weld was made.
The company has had extensive involvement in drill rig modification and
maintenance. Rigs included the Bow Drill 1, 2, and 3, Zapata Scotian,
Sedco 706 and 709, John Shaw, Rowan Juneau and Labrador 1. Maritime Stress
also carried out post-weld treatment on the Panuke J-89 pruduction platform.
Maritime Stress carried out all post-weld heat treatments on fabrications
by M&M Fabricators for the gravity-based production platform for the
Hibernia oil field.
Post Weld Heat Treatment services for Mulgrave Machine Works for RGIII
Pre-heat and Post Weld Heat Treatment services for Nova Scotia Power
(all locations through out Nova Scotia)
Safety and Quality
Maritime Stress practices total quality management techniques
while working with its clients, as a team to ensure a quality product.
Our goal is to provide a high quality heat treatment services to our
clients and serve them in a cooperative and professional manner.
Member of Nova Scotia Construction Assoc.
MEmber of Otans and BIDS